Thursday, May 19, 2011

Communion Cakes and Someone's Coat

Oh, hello there. It has been a while. I knew it had been, but I didn't quite realize how long until I went to write this post and realized it had been a month. Well, I'm here now. And I have a cake for you.

If you're wondering about the title of this post it's a play on an Iron and Wine song. One of my favourites, especially now that the weather is getting nicer. It just sounds like a breezy, sunny day. Unfortunately, the day of my cousin's First Communion was the opposite of that. It was cold and rainy. Nonetheless the cake was a success.



I would like to say that I came up with this design all by myself; alas, that would be a lie. In fact it is a near carbon copy (changes in colour and dimensions aside) of this cake.

It was fun to make. I love making bows out of gumpaste. I don't know why. They're just so cute. And I'm a huge sucker for quilting on cakes.




Inside was a white butter cake and Italian buttercream icing (because I will use no other).



Overall I think it was a resounding success. I have another cake to show you in the near future, just as soon as I get the pictures off of my mom's camera. And then some recipes. I have a hankering to make some jam, so this might be my next project. Until then, enjoy the ever improving weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment